10 Tips for Traveling Abroad
Planning to travel over seas? Make the best of your international trip with these 10 tips:
1. Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond your return date, and make sure it is signed and the emergency information is filled in.
2. Give yourself plenty of time to get any required travel visas.
3. Make at least 2 copies of your passport. Bring one with you, but keep it separate from the original and leave one copy along with a copy of your itinerary with family or a friend at home.
4. Get travel insurance that includes medical benefits.
5. Familiarize yourself with local customs and laws of where you will be traveling.
6. Register with the U.S. Embassy or consulate before you leave, and also keep the number of the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate with you at all times.
7. Learn enough of the language to at least ask for directions or help.
8. Carry some of the local currency with you, but not too much. You never want to travel with very much cash on you.
9. Bring any prescription medications in their original containers in your carry-on bag.
10. Schedule a doctor appointment about 6 weeks prior to your trip to see if you need any vaccines.
Ready to plan your dream vacation?