How To Choose Dates for Your Next Vacation
The Cheapest Time to Go
If you are planning on putting together a trip, you need to be aware of all the moving parts when planning a vacation. Specifically, the time of year that you travel has a huge effect on price. If you keep in mind the seasons of the destination you want to travel to, you could save a lot more on your tickets. Don’t forget, your experienced travel team agents are here to answer any questions you have.
Bear in mind these following price ranges when looking to book your flights. These apply for most every world region when traveling:
Low Season is usually the least expensive, and this is January, February and March.
Shoulder Season is mid-range and is April, May, September, October and November.
Holiday and High Season tends to be the most expensive time to travel, as it is popular and discounts are not usually as available. High season is June, July and August. Mid December and January during holiday season, especially to Australia and New Zealand is also going to be more expensive.
Tip: Book flights to tropical regions during low seasons to save more. Make your way down to Australia and the South Pacific from Southeast Asia in November and avoid departing before mid-January.
Planning Around the Weather:
It isn’t always straight forward to plan around the weather but in some destinations you can plan to take in account this information:
- India– June. Monsoon season is notoriously unpleasant.
- Southeast Asia– May through September. It may rain every day but on the bright side, probably only in short dramatic bursts.
- The Middle East– June thru August. Extremely high temperatures will make you wish you waited for Fall.
- Equatorial mountain ranges– June and July are infamously stormy.
Tip: Go during and travel during rainy season! It can mean fewer tourists and much lower prices on flights, accommodations, food, etc. Wet season also means unusually lush and dramatic landscapes.
The more flexible you are, the better chance at getting a lower ticket price. Having a week or more of date flexibility in either direction so we can find the cheapest flights means lower ticket prices for you. Especially with high season and holiday dates. Ask a Travel Team Agent for more information at 1-800-788-0829 today
Events that Affect Prices:
Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Jan – Feb– Asia, Chinese New Year. Flights to, from, and around Asia come at a premium during this time of year
- Jan – Feb– Vietnam,
- Feb– Brazil, Carnival. Celebrated the weekend before Ash Wednesday, can come as early as February 4 or as late as March 10.
- Mar– Melbourne, Australian Grand Prix.
- Mar– Apr – Hong Kong, Hong Kong Sevens Rugby
- Mar– Bali, Nyepi Day. The entire island takes a day of silence. Denpasar Airport is closed.
- Jun – Aug– Muslim countries, Ramadan. Remember, Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim country.
- Jul – France, Tour de France. A 3000km cycling race that ends up in Paris late in the month.
- Aug– Edinburgh, Scotland, Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Aug – Buenos Aires, International Tango Festival
- Oct – Nov– Pushkar, Rajasthan, India. Pushkar Camel Fair. Fly into and out of Jaipur, Bombay or Delhi.
- Oct or Nov– India. Diwali.
- Christmas – New Years– Sydney and Auckland, New Years Eve celebrations.
*Exact festival dates vary year to year so make sure to Ask a Travel Team Agent for more information at 1-800-788-0829 today
Tip: The more advanced notice you can give, preferably 6 months in advance allows your Travel Team Team Agent to plan the best possible route for your travel dates.
Ready to plan your dream vacation?